Mommy's Best Games, Inc. is an independent game developer founded in 2007. This is a view behind the scenes of our game development and marketing!

Nathan

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The move is finished.

We're back in Indiana! I had to fly with the computer which was pretty scary. It's a desktop model and I hadn't heard of anyone traveling with them (nor read anything prominent on the web). It turned out fine though. I did make sure it was a carry-on, but it's kind of large. It's also a little flashier than the typical grey box, though not particularly spectaular. I'm not ostentatious but this was a simple a matter of economics as it turned out this well ventilated case was cheaper than a dull-colored case. Pretty much any security person over the age of 40 looked at me funny as passed through the checkpoint. Other than that, it managed to fit under the seats of a Canadair Regional jet (2 small seats on either side of the aisle).



Yeah, that's a Victoria's Secret bag holding all my design drawings... sometimes any bag will do.

Powering up, the computer works fine and it's time to hunker down for some character re-works. I'm going for more dynamic poses with better designs in general. I'll post a comparison of the first character's "before and after" when I finish it up next week.

4 comments:

MattG said...

This is a great little idea. I feel like I am spying on someone at work. Which is fun. Spying on someone that works on video games is even more fun. That being said, actually playing video games is the most fun.

Tell me strange blogger, why have you started this journey? Do you have any experience in actually making games? And why, should I, gamer of little time, money, and attention span even care about THIS game?

I tried to search for your website..and info on Weapon of Choice (and Xbox Community games) and came up with nothing really. Can you fill me in - even if it's part by part in your future blog postings?

Are you a disenchanted programmer, or are you making your first ever game (or is it somehow a mixture of both)?


Enough of the questions - my feedback is that New Xerxes looks more video game friendly than old xerxes - so I think that is a step in the right direction. As a parting shot to old xerxes, I will no longer give him the honor of capital letters.

Nathan Fouts said...

mattg:
All good questions! More information will be coming soon. The short answers are: I've been working in the industry for over 10 years now. I've worked on Resistance: Fall of Man, Ratchet and Clank games, and POSTAL games.
I left Insomniac Games on good terms and simply wanted to make my own game.
The website is up and running and screenshots and running video will be up in the coming weeks and months!

Anonymous said...

I like very my personal laptop and web. My best hobby is to play online games on the web. I am playing free games when I complete my study. My popular category is onine racing car parking games and also car racing games.

Anonymous said...

Free Car Games you can perform your favourite on-line and totally free of fee here. On top of that, In addition real love play bike games.