Today marks the birthday of Weapon of Choice and Xbox 360 Indie Games! Of course back on November 19th 2008, the service was called Community Games, but it's grown since.
The Microsoft homepage for all things XNA has a snazzy splash currently up with Constance fighting a nasty Scat Thrower (second from right).
Let's take a trip down memory lane...
Here's a hilarious story about pricing the game:
Yeah, so much has been improved on Indie Games! Now we have price changing abilities, the Top Rated section and user ratings, and daily sales data.
And here's the first reported sales week on Major Nelson!
Top Community Games NEW! (Full Versions purchased)
1 Word Soup
2 Golden Royal Balckjack (sic)
3 Weapon of Choice
5 ZSX4 Guitarpocalypse
7 In the Pit
8 Head Banger
10 Swords and Monsters
Ahh just think back...Swords and Monsters was driving people nuts and we hadn't even heard of an 'app' yet.. at least not on the 360.
Fast forward to more recently, here are some newish stories about the game:
newest update of Weapon of Choice IS NOW AVAILABLE!
- 4 new difficulty settings (six total now!) but they aren't simply increases in enemy health!
- Easy--for taking your time
- Wicked--spinning spiked pain aplenty
- Mega Death--no Deathbrushing for you, see how you fare!
- Mega Wicked--spinning spikey madness, and no Deathbrushing to save you, how will you possibly survive?
- 4 control schemes possible
- More enemy balancing and tuning
- 10% more hookahs