|The coop version of the Ornithocheirus mini-boss fight.|
Serious Sam Double D launched on Steam in August 2011. Since then, we added a ton of new features, from coop play to stacks of new guns, inevitably introducing new problems. Examples of a few new bugs and their fixes include:
- Crashes in between levels when one thread was saving data and another was loading.
- Occasionally saving at a checkpoint and reloading would actually return you to the level start.
- Pulling the MU storage device right when it saved showed the wrong message (said it was out of storage space, which was cute, because in a way, it was! Since, you know, there was no storage device, and no storage space since it had been yanked. Anyway, fixed)
- Dino mini-boss duo-fight showed the wrong health if one of the creatures died but the other still lived (showed zero).
- Hero homing rockets and bullets would seek bad guys, but also seek neutral dinosaurs even before they got mad at you.
In promotional news, I took a coding break to record voice over for detailed videos about all the new gun upgrades. I had met the chaps at New Albany Production House when we were showing our games in public recently and we all decided to give working together a go. Recording went great! I should have that video available in another week or two.
In addition there's also a sweet, new, completely bonkers trailer re-introducing Serious Sam Double D XXL coming out really soon--watch for it!