The biggest changes come to the gameplay in the form of the weapons and point system.
Before, Cash Drops only gave the player extra points. Now they still give you score bonuses, but additionally they fill a meter shown in the HUD. This meter powers your Kick Beam and the new Time Pulse.
In addition to the normal and beam weapons, you can use a new action called "Time Pulse". This slows down time dramatically for just a moment, giving you a chance to dodge out of the way.
Using Time Pulse takes 51% of your cash meter (which is marked by a yellow star letting you know Time Pulse is ready). You'll have to grab more cash drops to use it again.
But that should be easy since now shooting enemy bullets with your Kick Beam, while in the slowed-down mode, turns into Cash Drops! That's right, shooting enemy bullets turns them to cash!
|Use the Kick Beam during the time slow-down and change enemy shots to Cash Drops!|
|The new player basic shot can attack top, bottom, and forward!|
|Take 2 players into the madness!|
Here's the full change list:
- High scores properly share now for scores past loop 3.
- Weapons system changes: Normal shot now has up/down shots plus forward firing, and is stronger. Kick Beam is now powered by Cash drops. Also, new attack added via the Right Trigger called "Time Pulse" which slows time and lets the Kick Beam turn normal enemy bullets into cash. Add action buttons are remappable.
- New 'How to Play' screens (2), these are now shown via menu option during gameplay as well.
- New Score Multiplier system which works by increasing for every cash drop you grab, but drops if you don't get them fast enough.
- Warning arrows are shown for enemy groups beginning to approach off screen.
- Players can "log in and log out" on the shmup sub-menu screen. Find the Game Type menu with box art showing (the menu in which you're about to play the shoot'em up). Players can press A to join or press Y to log out. If two players are playing, and one needs to quit use this to get the second player to log out.
- Graphical touch-ups: green theme used on beam attacks and bullets. Background art touched up with more detail and highlights.
- Gameplay tips are now shown during loop starts.
- The wave spawning for enemies have been rebalanced for more consistent, interesting attacks.
- The 'hint arrow' in the fake dashboard now starts on by default (to make it easier to find the shmup game).
- There is a quick-start option now, just press Y to launch shmup game, if you've already found it and played it once.
- Pressing B repeatedly on the fake dashboard will eventually take you back to the exit menu.
Game Type is 80 MS Points which allows for the ability to share your high scores online. The game was originally released December 21st. This is the first update for the game.