Originally we had higher expectations for the service. Since then we've recalibrated our estimates and believe 10k is a solid achievement, as it places Weapon of Choice in the Top Ten best-selling Indie Games to date*. And to better convey the size, I've compiled a small list of relative concepts that 10k copies of Weapon of Choice represents:
- 47,823,213 gallons of alien blood spilled.
- 919,534 brushes with Death. Under similar circumstances, Death would have stolen player's lives in other action games.
- 423,525 references by gamers to Wilford Brimley, followed by 173,189 trips to his wiki page.
- 276,207 frowns turned upside-down as the Vengeance Missile did its job.
- 184,622 WTF's when encountering the various ungodly alien invaders throughout the game.
On a serious note, when possible I like to share information about our business's inner workings with the hopes of helping other developers in some way down the road. I want reveal information about Weapon of Choice's sales to encourage others to share more information about their sales more frequently. Xbox Indie Games is not even a year old and has shown it is different from the other digital stores. The more information developers have, the better decisions they can make in the future.
Weapon of Choice from November 19, 2008 to September 21, 2009:
Total sales : 10,010
Total trial downloads: 160,000+
Approximate conversion rate: 6.25%
Weapon of Choice on the dev log here for all to see.
(*Source: Xbox 360 dashboard->Game Marketplace->Indie Games->Browse All->All->Sort by Best Selling)