Explosionade is out now!
All your friends are storming the Horronym Fortress but Colonel Bouche left you to guard the supply depot. Disregarding orders you open the depot to find a gigantic, prototype mech!
- INFILTRATE subterranean strongholds manned by cunning bipedal aliens and their mind-blasting hellions!
- Recharging MegaNades, and an earth-shaking machine gun rip DESTRUCTIBLE environments to hand-drawn bits!
- Dozens of CHALLENGE-ROOM style gameplay with a zoom function that let's in you close or zooms out to see all the action!
- 2-PLAYER COOP so you can share the alien-stomping, grenade tossing joy!
- ONLINE High Scores to show off your skills!
- Hand-drawn, silky-smooth effect animations just like Mom used to make! (If your mom was SNK)
|The prototype, codename GRenaDOS|
Here's downloadable screenshots here.
And here they are in visual form below:
|Death from above!|
|Blasting off disgusting tentacles|
|Engaging the shield while being swarmed by Horn Stormers|
|The Horronym soldiers look up...|
|...think about running away...|
|...but are too late, as they're turned to grape jelly (tasty!)|
|Turrets making for a tight situation.|
|A Bezerker eyeing you as a meal.|
|The Bezerker action zoomed out.|
|This thing's going down!|
* Due to the review system for XBLIG games which don't allow for games to pass review, then enter a holding period, we simply have to submit the game for review. If it passes the game is suddenly released, if not, it has to wait a week, then we try again. We'd love to have it reviewed and finished, but the current system doesn't allow for this, so instead we're really certain it will be out this coming weekend (but anything can happen).
- Yes, the game was originally due out Saturday, September 25th, but in a Orwellian reconstruction, I've edited the dates above to reflect the new release target of October 4th. How evil of me! But the evil is mitigated evil because I'm leaving you this note to know I changed it. So you'll know we *weren't* always at war with Eurasia.
- What was wrong?
- There was an edge-case crash discovered during the awesomely effective community driven QA on the XNA peer review system. Yes, it really works!
- Why didn't I catch the crash before?
- Because sometimes things slip through. I'm sorry. But it's true. Ask your Dad to explain it some time.
- What's changing in the mean time?
- We're rebalancing the gameplay to be even tighter, and are fixing up little niggling menu and rendering issues we blew off before.
- 13.7% MOAR Explosions are being added as well.
(But where's Grapple Buggy? Read more here. Sales of Explosionade will help fund Grapple Buggy's development!)
is a boutique game developer founded in 2007. We strive to deliver games that push the edges of the medium through gameplay, art, and pie. Our first game, Weapon of Choice, is an award-winning, side-scrolling, action game now available on Xbox Live Indie Games. And our second, award-winning game Shoot 1UP is also available on Xbox Live Indie Games.
is currently developing Grapple Buggy, promoting Explosionade and Shoot 1UP for Windows Phone 7, and working on other secret projects to titillate your fancy.